Prep Time : 5 mins
About the Drink
Full credit for this cocktail goes to Thomas DeLauer who’s popular YouTube channel has a lot of other great recipes, tips and tactics. I’ve added the video about this drink at the bottom of this post. I’m familiar with lemon water in the morning to support detox and digestion but when you’re fasting this is a lifesaver. I use this drink while intermittent fasting because it balances minerals lost during your fast, hydrates, as well as helps your insulin response when you do break fast.
- 2 Tbsp. of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (I prefer Bragg’s brand)
- ¼-½ Tsp. of Cream of Tartar
- ½ Tsp. of Himalayan Pink Salt
- Juice of 1 Organic Lime or Organic Lemon
- Small amount of Stevia* to taste (Optional)
- Filtered and Mineralized Water
*Stevia is an all natural sweetener that doesn’t cause an insulin response. You can try a couple drops in liquid form or a sprinkle of powder. Look for organic and be sure to read the ingredients to make sure no other sweeteners have crept into the mix.
- Add all ingredients into Glass or Bottle
- Fill with Water
- Mix it well or Shake it in bottle
- Drink up and Enjoy!
- Regulates Blood Sugar
- Boosts Gut Health
- High in Potassium and Trace Minerals
- High in Antioxidants (Liminoids & Vitamin C)
- Supports Detoxification
- Doesn’t Cause Insulin Response (Maintains Fast)